It is our office mission to help people get off of the food that is making them sick!
the most basic examples are:
- Sugar in all of its hidden forms, including high fructose corn syrups.
- Soda is the worst example of this, with a half cup of sugar in one can. Candy bars, of course, are almost all sugar. The reason sugar is so bad is because it raises your insulin level. The extra insulin has to go somewhere. So it is stored in your tissues, causing inflammation in the body. The second reason is that it eventually wears out your pancreas, causing Type 2 Diabetes.
- Mass produced oils, including soybean, palm, peanut, and corn, just to name a few.
- Hydrogenated oils are the worst offenders. All of these oils raise your omega 6 levels and lower your omega 3 levels - these omegas need to be kept in balance for your health.
- The best oil you can use is Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- All refined carbohydrates (i.e., cakes, cookies, bagels, muffins, donuts, bread, and white pasta just to name a few) are processed quickly by the body and also cause extra insulin to be produced.
- French fries and donuts, high in refined carbohydrates and cooked in hydrogenated oils, are the worst foods you can consume.
- Wheat products containing glueten cause inflamed tissues and slows your metabolism.
- Dairy products, which often have high amounts of added sugar (i.e., ice cream, yogurt) and milk in general, produce mucus and inflamation.
- Most people have been told that they need milk for strong bones. This is a myth. You cannot absorb calcium without magnesium and milk does not contain magnesium.
Some supplements are usually needed to maintain optimal health. Probiotics are needed by nearly everyone. We constantly lose good bacteria in our intestinal system from the antibiotics fed to our meat, poultry and now farm raised fish, from some prescribed as well as over-the-counter medications. Antibiotics kill all of the good bacteria, essential for digestion and a healthy immune system, along with the bad.
We use Nutri-West supplements and have found these to be very high quality and readily absorbable.